Monday, June 2, 2008

A Week Away

This time next week I will be hanging out in the Lima airport, trying to stay awake until my 5 a.m. flight to Iquitos. I must say I am excited. As always, there is some degree of apprehension about being gone for so long. This year's anxiety is directly connected to being there totally alone for two weeks and also being completely and totally responsible for all of the mission teams that will come to Peru over the course of the summer. Unlike last year, when fear nearly paralyzed me, each time I think about the task before me and start to become overwhelmed, suddenly I'm filled with an unbelievable peace. As I smile to myself, pondering the weeks to come, I know that God is in charge. Not only is He going with me, He has already gone ahead of me, preparing the way. Oh, how I love Him, and long to see His bigness - to release Him from the box I tend to place Him in. I know that in every detail of the summer He will not let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Reading

  • The Bible
  • Serving with Eyes Wide Open - Doing Short Term Missions with Cultural Intelligence - David A. Livermore
  • Cross-Cultural Servanthood - Serving the World in Christlike Humility - Duane Elmer
  • Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help (And How to Reverse It) - Robert D. Lupton
  • When Helping Hurts-Alleviating Poverty Without Hurting the Poor...and Yourself - Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
  • Shadow of the Almighty - Elizabeth Elliot
  • Messy Spirituality - Michael Yaconelli
  • The Irresistible Revolution - Shane Claiborne
  • Peace Child - Don Richardson
  • If God Should Choose - Kristen Stagg
  • In the Presence of My Enemies - Gracia Burnham
  • Inside Afghanistan - John Weaver
  • Same Kind of Different as Me - Ron Hall and Denver Moore
  • Through Gates of Splendor - Elizabeth Elliot
  • End of the Spear - Steve Saint