Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crazy Weeks

Life in the jungle has been extremely busy for the past two weeks. Last week's group required my constant attention and so does this week's group. Of course this week's crowd is my own WPC group and I'd much rather spend my time with them than sitting at a computer. We've had an absolutely fabulous week in Santa Clara so far. El Jardin is currently enjoying one big week-long pajama party as all the girls are living with me, while the boys reside in the hotel.

The Westminster crowd heads home on Friday afternoon, so soon I'll have more time to think, reflect, and write. There is a sadness to their leaving - not that they are leaving, though I will miss them; but, their departure is a warning bell that my time here is almost up.

Hopefully those of you who have become blog addicts will forgive me for taking so long to post again - but hang on, help is on the way this weekend!

Hasta el fin de la semana...

2 comments:

  1. Pam - I just read every one of your posts and I feel my heart wishing I was there! I'm so glad you're sharing your journey and the ways that you've been moved.

    Of course, I can't leave a post without leaving Villa a message. Please tell him he's a "chancho" and that Parker misses him very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamelita!

    So glad that all went well with the WPC crew.
    I know that you are more than likely sad that your time there this summer is drawing to an end, however know that only makes you one step closer to the day that you move down there for good! Looking forward to seeing your smiling face back here in the "Burg"!

    ReplyDelete

Recommended Reading

  • The Bible
  • Serving with Eyes Wide Open - Doing Short Term Missions with Cultural Intelligence - David A. Livermore
  • Cross-Cultural Servanthood - Serving the World in Christlike Humility - Duane Elmer
  • Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help (And How to Reverse It) - Robert D. Lupton
  • When Helping Hurts-Alleviating Poverty Without Hurting the Poor...and Yourself - Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
  • Shadow of the Almighty - Elizabeth Elliot
  • Messy Spirituality - Michael Yaconelli
  • The Irresistible Revolution - Shane Claiborne
  • Peace Child - Don Richardson
  • If God Should Choose - Kristen Stagg
  • In the Presence of My Enemies - Gracia Burnham
  • Inside Afghanistan - John Weaver
  • Same Kind of Different as Me - Ron Hall and Denver Moore
  • Through Gates of Splendor - Elizabeth Elliot
  • End of the Spear - Steve Saint